Marketing Tips: Free Business Advertising On Google
You may not be aware of this as many small business aren't, but you can get free advertising on Google through Google My Business (formerly known as Google Places).
And who doesn't love free advertising?!
Using Googles My Business is a way to make sure you come up even if you don't have a website to promote, nor do you have to focus so much on SEO to get listed at the top of the search results in your area.
Follow these steps below to set up your free business advertising today on Google!
First, go to google and search for your business name. If you come up on the map with your location information then your business is already listed.
If it doesn't then you should definitely register your business.
Here is an example of Googles My Business.
If you were to search for "dance studios in alexandria va" the following results would show first on the page.
These listings are FREE!
If you aren't listed yet, then lets get you set up so that we can help to drive more traffic to your business!
What you will need
- The business phone number, address, hours of operation, website url and any other contact info you think people might need
- A short description of your business
- Your business' logo or an image representing your business. An example of this may be a picture of the studio, the outside of the building or restaurant
Setting Up Your Business on Google
- Go to www.Google.com/Business
- Click the green "Start Now" Button
3. Search for your business name
4. If your business does not show up, click the "This Doesn't Match Add Your Business" at the bottom of the listing.
5. Fill out the form with your business details
6. Verify Your Business
You will be asked to verify your business. To do this simply click "Mail me my code" and add any additional contact names needed and Google will mail you a postcard with your verification code.
You should receive your postcard waiting 1-2 weeks, so be sure to verify this right away.
If you do not verify your business, your business will appear as unverified until you verify using the code sent to you.
7. Lastly, fill out your business information that people will see.
8. Remember, Google will not make your listing visible in the search results until you verify your business. So be sure to keep an eye on your mail box for that postcard!
Hope this helps to bring more people to your business and builds the Latin Music & Dance community in your area!
I'm here to help!
Latin Dancing Network